Mr. Andrade’s practice focuses primarily on construction litigation (public and private), including “changed conditions”, change order and differing site condition claims, Mechanic’s Lien and Stop Notice Litigation, Labor Law, including Trust Fund Litigation and General Business Litigation. He counsels and represents project owners, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers.
Mr. Andrade has specialized in the construction industry for nearly 25 years. He has extensive experience in all aspects of the California Judicial System, the Federal System and the American Arbitration Association. Mr. Andrade serves on the Board of Directors for the Engineering Contractors Association, is an affiliate member of the Southern California Contractors Association and the Associated General Contractors of California. Mr. Andrade is also counsel to the Engineering Contractors Association, is a member of the Associated General Contractors Statewide Legal Advisory Committee to the construction industry, as well as a member of the Southern California Constructors Legal Advisory Committee.
Mr. Andrade holds a California State Contractors License, and was actively involved in the construction industry as an owner of a company that, over a 10 year period, constructed in excess of 60 projects, the value of which exceeded $50 million.
Mr. Andrade’s goal, in representing clients, is to achieve the optimum cost-benefit result possible within the context of the facts, law and good legal representation. He attempts to solve problems, not create them, to achieve ends rather than frustrate them, and to do so in an aggressive yet ethical manner.
Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America; "Barrister, Order of Maximus"
Member; Diversity Law Institute
Member; Trial Law Institute
- State Bar of California
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Construction and Labor Law Section
- Management Committee Member, Public Contract Law
- Orange County Bar Association including Construction and Real Property Sections
- Associated General Contractors of California, Legal Advisory Committee
- Southern California Contractors Association, Legal Advisory Committee
- Engineering Contractors Association Legal Counsel
- Top Attorneys in California 2016
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Top 25 Construction Attorneys in United States (Strathmores | 75,000 members)
- Strathmore's Who's Who Worldwide Professional of the Year 2015, Construction and Labor Law
- Voted Southern California Top Lawyers for 2014
- Voted as Top Rated Lawyers in Labor & Employment Law 2014
- Voted 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013 & 2014 Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation
- Recognized as AV Preeminent Rating for 30 years (highest rating possible)
- Voted 2009 South Bay's Favorite Attorneys as determined by readers
- Martindale Hubell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (1996)
- Who's Who In California (1997)
- California General Engineering Contractor License (A), Lic. No. 724820
- California Western School of Law, J.D. cum laude 1977
- Law Review: Candidate, 1975 - 1976
- San Diego State University, B.S. 1973
- Business Administration with an emphasis on Information Systems Management
- California, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995